Capital One Cup Odds Comparison 2017 | Best Betting Capital One Cup Odds
The EFL Cup, formerly known as the Capital One Cup, is one of English football’s greatest honours throughout the season. What makes the competition different is its combination of all of British professional football teams and its ability to be a major priority alongside the Champions League and Europa League titles. Where should you place your wagers? This is what we’re going to cover here, with our OpenOdds Capital One Cup betting odds comparison.
- Just about every major bookmaker will have markets available for the EFL Cup but it’s still important to check which bookies are offering the best value odds for your team.
- The EFL Cup’s structure is ripe for upsets, making handicapping in the lower leagues a factor that will help lead you to success.
- SkyBet is the official sponsor of the EFL cup, making it one of the essentials on your list of bookmakers of the cup.
- Always check the odds comparisons and the special offers available to maximise your winnings throughout this roller-coaster ride of a tournament.
What’s the Capital One Cup?
The Capital One Cup was what the English Football League Cup was known as when Capital One was the primary sponsor. This tournament has been around since the 1960/61 season and been home to many of the greatest moments of British football. The tournament includes all 92 of the teams in the EFL (or English Football League) and the English Premier League and starts every August. There are seven knock-out rounds and two legs of semi-finals. The first rounds only have EFL teams with Premier League teams joining in the second round. As for those Premier Clubs participating in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, they only come into play in Round 3. The final match is held at Wembley Stadium, and the winner is automatically given a Europa League berth. The cup’s name has changed throughout the years with different sponsors. The first year it bore the name of a sponsor was in 1981 when it entered a partnership with the National Dairy Council.
The EFL Cup is particularly distinguished for its ability to let the young stars of today shine and become the stars of tomorrow. In fact, any of the game’s greatest players made their professional debuts in EFL Cup matches, including Cesc Fabregas who holds the title of the youngest-ever player at Arsenal. More of England’s greatest, including John Terry, David Beckham, and Jermaine Defoe and Wayne Rooney, while still at Everton, marked his first goal in this tournament.
What’s the most successful club in the EFL’s history? Liverpool, which has held up the trophy eight times, most recently in the 2011/2012 campaign.
Some of the Best Capital One Cup Betting Odds:
SkyBet is the official betting partner for the EFL Cup. SkyBet is also home to some of the best Capital One Cup odds. If you’re one of those punters who implements a strategy of having multiple bookmakers, then SkyBet is sure to be an important part of your portfolio for the cup. The types of bets are incredibly comprehensive.
You start from the most basic: Match Result, To Qualify, Draw No Bet, Both Teams to Score, Handicap Betting, and Correct Store. You can then go even more in-depth with options for Half Time Result, Half Time Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time, 1st Half Goals, Under/Over 2.5 Goals, Total Goals, To Score 2+ Goals, To Score 3+ Goals, To Score 4+ Goals, To Score 5+ Goals, Half with Most Goals, Odd or Even Goals, 2nd Half Goals, Time of First Goal, and Time of First Goal. The last options are Both Teams to Score In 1st Half, Both Teams to Score In 2nd Half, Both Teams to Score In Both Halves, Match Result & Both Teams to Score, Match Result & Total Goals Scored, 1st Team to Score, and Last Team To Score.
And of course, you can bet on the outrights, which are the Overall Cup Winner for the 2016/17 Season and the EFL Cup Winning League. You'll also be able to find even odds offers. With so many different types of bets to suit any punter, you’ll definitely be in good hands wagering in the home of EFL Cup betting. When analysing the Capital One Cup betting odds comparison across multiple bookmakers, Skybet was home to three of the best odds in the Outright Win column. Plus, joining the Sky Bet Club by logging in and opting in gives you at least until midnight on Sunday to place £25 in bets (cash outs not included) and then get a £5 free bet every week, ideal for feeding your desires for pressing your luck in the EFL Cup market.
Another excellent contender for your EFL cup betting portfolio is Bet365, which will be offering all EFL Cup matches throughout the tournament on their live-stream service. Bet365 have the most extensive offering of matches out there, outmatching the matches slated to air on British television. You’ll be able to watch the matches online just for being a member, no fancy sports telly subscription required. You’ll have the following markets available: Full Time, Result, Double Chance, Goals Over/Under, Both Teams to Score, Result/Both Teams To Score, Draw No Bet, Goals Odd/Even, and of course, To Win Outright. Plus, when you sign up for a new Bet365 account, if you enter the MAXCASH bonus code, you’ll get a 100% deposit bonus of up to £200, giving you lots of money to wager on EFL Cup opportunities. In our research, Bet365 had 6 best odds available for Win Outright, the most compared to the other bookies we’ve examined for the purposes of this Capital One Cup betting odds review. If you haven’t already joined Bet365, we highly recommend it!
In our research, William Hill also had 6 of the best Capital One Cup betting odds available for Win Outright in comparison to the other bookies we examined for this article. Most notably were the best odds for Arsenal and for Liverpool. William Hill’s got an interesting offer related to substituting players, something that may be prone to happening particularly for teams in multiple international competitions. If you place a single or multiple pre-match goalscorer bet on a player, and the player ends up getting subbed, the bet will still be in effect but on the substitute. It applies to the following markets: first goalscorer, anytime goalscorer, last goalscorer, player to score 2 or more, enhanced odds, player to score 2 or more, hat-trick, player to score first and last goals, player to score first or last goal, first goal wincast, last goal wincast, anytime wincast, first goal scorecast, anytime goal scorecast, last goal scorecast, insurebet first goalscorer, insurebet player to score 2 or more, insurebet bet player to score a hat-trick, anytime goalscorer doubled, player to score a header, player to score from outside the penalty area, player to score in both halves, player to score in the first ten minutes and first team goalscorer.
As you can see, there are plenty of opportunities to access the best match bets on William Hill, given their high brand equity and expertise in football.
Shockingly, Betfred hasn’t got the best Outright Win odds on Manchester United. The Done brothers are notorious Manchester United fans, and so if United’s your club, then we imagine that you’re already well-versed in the Betfred universe. They’ve currently got 5 of the best Win Outright odds, most notably for Arsenal and Tottenham. The Betfred blog has roundups of notable fixtures, giving you an indication of possible upsets. And as always, they have constant promotions available for football. We haven’t gone into detail at the time of writing since it is two weeks from expiration, but always keep checking!
Prior to the commencement of EFL Cup, Unibet was the only online bookmaker with the EFL Reach the Final Odds market available making them stand out from the rest of the bookmakers. When you search for the EFL Cup on Unibet, you’re able to see all of the odds and change the markets based on what suits your fancy: Match & Total Goals, Both Teams to score, Double Chance, Half Time, Total Goals-1st Half, Draw No Bet, Asian Handicap, Total Goals by Home Team, Total Goals by Away Team, and Team to Go Through. They’ll also tell you how many other markets are available for a given matchup, with some having over 100 available (in the cash of Arsenal vs. Reading on 25 October 2016). The one caveat with their promotions is that they are only valid for the Premier League, Champions League, or Spain’s La Liga.
The one market that was clearly visible on BoyleSports at the time of our research was the Win Outright market. They had four of the best Win Outright odds available for Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham, and Norwich. They’ve also got a 5+ Football Acca Insurance that you can opt into at minimum odds of 1/3 and a minimum stake of £5 with a maximum refund of £25.
The following markets are available for the EFL cup on BetVictor: Match Betting, total Goals-Over/Under 2.5, Both Teams to Score, To Win And Both Teams to Score, Half Time/Full Time, and Double Chance. BetVictor’s got three of the best Win Outright odds available in our comparison for Arsenal, Manchester United, and Southampton. They have Acca Insurance available for any Match Betting and Both Teams to Score markets. When you sign up and place a bet of £10 you'll get £40 worth of bonuses: £30 for sports betting and £10 for the BetVictor casino.
Opportunities for Capital One Cup betting odds:
- Prime upset territory: One of the most distinctive features of the EFL Cup is its ability to feature smaller teams that are often prime candidates for achieving major upsets over the top Premier League clubs. Many lower-league teams have been able to make it incredibly far into the tournament, even making it into the final. Last season, two of the lower-league quarterfinalists, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough had to knock out Arsenal and Manchester United to get that far. The teams distracted by Champions and Europa League commitments, like Leicester City, Southampton, and Tottenham Hotspur, will likely not be in ample condition to go deep into the tournament. However, it’s a perfect environment for the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Everton, Swansea, and West Ham to take it seriously and work towards getting some hardware into the club.
- Resting the big guys in the early rounds: great value: Alluding to our previous point, many of the big-ticket players sit out the early rounds of the EFL Cup giving you lots of opportunities to play individual match bets and EFL Cup accumulators. By checking out all the details of the lower leagues and to see who will substitute the big guns in the early stages, there’s great value potential in bets for the underdog to win either in penalties, extra time, or within the 90 minutes of regulation. If you get lucky with this value, you’ll be seeing some handsome winnings in your future!
- More opportunities come later on: While it’s true that there are lots of tiers of competition in the EFL Cup, giving you by default plenty of opportunities, the breadth of potential wagers on most bookmakers expands much more once the top-tier teams enter the competition in the later rounds. This does make sense because the brand equity from these clubs, and of course the extra attention on the later matches, influence the offering of bets in the various markets. So keep in mind that the majority of the deals and offers will only show up on the major online bookmakers until the big guys enter the tournament.
- Timing is key: Since the EFL Cup goes on for six months in intermittent spurts, the general practice is to wait before placing the Outright Bets until around the midpoint of Cup play. Considering the possibility of upsets and the way the overall English and European seasons progress, lots of extraneous factors from any aspect of the game could impact the results of the Outright. Luckily, with 92 teams and 7 rounds there are plenty of individual match and accumulator bets you can place while you wait to evaluate who your allegiance will lie with your wager in the Outright Bet.
Conclusion: Research Capital One Cup odds before placing your bets
While it’s clear that the majority of the best online bookmakers will have the EFL Cup available for punting, it’s important to use tools that compare Capital One Cup odds like Oddschecker to see where the best deals for your side are. It can be very helpful to compare Capital One cup betting odds for yourself in order to make an informed, educated bet.
We highly recommend using, at the very least, SkyBet since it is the official sponsor of the competition and you will have privileged access. Bet365 is also up there because of its superior performance in many aspects of the online sports betting world. Lastly, keep in mind the tips we’ve given you when plotting your betting strategies for the EFL cup and the selection of bookmakers we’ve chosen to examine. And enjoy the ups and downs of this season’s EFL Cup!