The Best Football Betting Sites | List of online football betting sites
Last updated & tested: 2020-01-03
On the hunt for new football betting sites?
Fancy a punt on the football but don’t know which of the best UK sports betting sites to use? It can be difficult to know which site to use, and you want to be sure you’re getting the most out of it. Luckily, we at OpenOdds have done the research and put together our list of the best online football betting sites to make it easy for you. This means that you can enjoy football betting without the fear that you’re being ripped off at one of the many new betting sites.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for Novibet!
- Claim exclusive welcome bonus with bonus code OPENODDS
- Fantastic range of odds and markets for nearly every sport
- Perfect companion for the sports bettor on the go
Key pointers about this article:
- In this article, you will find our recommended bookmakers for football betting along with profiles for new betting sites.
- Nearly every online bookmaker indeed offers football betting — but that doesn’t mean all bookmakers are equal. The best football bookmakers will offer odds on a vast range of football games, from the U18s Premier League to Women’s International friendlies. Often these are the high street bookies such as Ladbrokes, Coral and William Hill — although new-kids Novibet and MoPlay also offer a vast range and show that if you are looking for betting sites, 2019 has plenty to offer.
- Several bookmakers regularly offer odds boosts for football, which significantly increase the potential amount of returns. The most prominent bookmakers who offer boosts are William Hill, 888 and Coral.
Best online football betting sites: The best of 2020 in our list of online football betting sites
Quick info on what we check for when rating our best football sites:
- Roundup: We’ll give you all the background information and a football betting sites comparison to help you choose a site that you feel you can trust.
- Odds: Only the sites with the best odds make it to our list, so you don’t need to worry about being short-changed at some of the best betting sites 2019 has to offer.
- Welcome bonuses: We’ll tell you which sites offer the best cash bonuses and best free bets offer when you sign up. Plus we’ll point out which rewards expire 7 days after signing up and explain what things like T&C apply, 18+ really mean.
- Extras: We’ll be sure to mention any extra perks that this list of football betting sites have to offer, or point you to any guides that’ll surely help you out.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for William Hill!
- One of our top choices at OpenOdds!
- Incredible range of football markets covered
- Check out their exclusive £30 welcome offer
Perhaps you prefer your betting site to have a little more history; William Hill is among the oldest bookmakers on our list, having been established in 1934 – before gambling was even legalised in the UK. Over the years it has developed a reputation for competitive odds and reliability toward its customers, and they have one of the best betting sites for football. So it’s no surprise to see it making an appearance here. If you want to feel safe in the hands of a tried and tested veteran of the betting scene, William Hill might be the one for you as the UK Gambling Commission licenses them.
That said, it hasn’t fallen behind – it’s still one of the best in our best football betting sites comparison. As well as continuing to offer competitive odds, it has also kept up with modern trends by offering in-play betting. It does also provide a welcome bonus to new members, though it pales in comparison to that of some competitors. William Hill will give you £30 in extra bets for making a simple £10 qualifying bet upon signing up. Terms and conditions apply, 18+.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for betfair!
- The most prestigious and best oddsfair in the world
- Odds significantly higher than comparable bookmakers
- Operates in the "Lay and Back" system
Betfair is the world’s largest online betting exchange with over a million active users. It isn’t surprising, then, that it makes our list. It gives regular offers on football odds to its customers, which provide an extra incentive to lovers of the beautiful game, as well as reliable payment and cash-out services, in-play betting and the pleasure of betting on a site with no external ads or scams lurking. That is why you find Betfair in our list of top football betting sites.
Betfair also offers new customers an enticing welcome bonus. This promises to give you up to £100 in extra betting funds for making a series of qualifying bets. Terms and conditions apply, 18+. Remember to read through the small print before getting these free bets. Free betting funds are always subject to some restrictions, and we found that the Betfair bonus is no different. T&C apply, 18+.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for Unibet!
- Renowned operator from Sweden
- Football and tennis odds above average
- Stable and competitive, numerous special events
Unibet is one of the newer bookmakers on our list, but it is quickly making a name for itself in the industry. With origins in Denmark, it is already famous as one of the leading sports betting sites in Scandinavia. Now, based in Malta, it is quickly growing in stature across Europe.
It offers good odds, free withdrawals, and in-play betting on football from across the world. As well as in-play betting options, Unibet TV members can stream football matches from many of the best leagues in the world, including La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga. This will be an extremely appealing feature to those who love the game and want to see what’s going on as you bet.
Unibet also offers a welcome bonus which comes in the form of a refund. If you make an initial bet of anything up to £40 and lose, Unibet will refund your stake in full so that you can have another crack at it! Minimum deposit £10. T&C apply, 18+.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for PaddyPower!
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission licence
- Good options for mobile users including live streaming
- Many unusual sports to choose from
Paddy Power is one of the more well-known bookmakers out there due to a strong advertising presence. Like Betfair, they regularly give offers on football betting to members. At the moment, for example, if one leg of your accumulator on the UK or top European football lets you down, they’ll refund you up to £25 in the form of an extra bet.
They also have a renowned in-play function, and they offer a decent welcome bonus that gives new customers a refund of up to £10 if their first bet loses — minimum deposit £10. Terms and conditions apply, 18+.
Another impressive feature offered by Paddy Power is their mobile app, which is among the best on the market. You’ll also be glad to know that any problems you have are quickly attended to, whether by email or over the phone. Don’t forget about the Paddy Power casino. Live casino games, slots games and much more can be found here.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for betfred!
- Founded 1967 by Fred Done in Salford
- Today over 1.700 betting houses in the UK
- Extensive betting offer with focus on English football
Betfred is another of the experienced bookmakers to have made it onto our list as one of the best football betting sites, having been established since 1967. They had earned themselves a reputation for being particularly quick to pay out on bets during the 2011/12 EPL season (when they paid out on bets for Manchester United to become champions with seven games to go!). It was quite an embarrassment, then, when Manchester City went on to win the league. Despite this slight mishap, Betfred has continued to compete with the best online bookmakers thanks to their very appealing odds and their reputation for security and reliability.
As well as being securely licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, Betfred also attracts with a reasonably good welcome bonus for new customers’ deposits of £10 or more. Provided you make a qualifying bet of at least £10, they will credit you with £30 free bets that expire 7 days after you get the free bets credited, terms and conditions apply, 18+. They offer in-play betting and have a cash-out feature. They also provide 24/7 customer support via live chat, and you can also contact them via phone or email so that you’re well looked after if ever you do experience problems with them. Terms and conditions apply.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for Coral!
- Awesome £30 up for grabs for all new customers
- Key partner for many past and present horse racing events known for great odds
- One of the most popular high street bookmakers on the web
Very well-known as a high street betting agent, Coral is less famous for its online presence. This may change in the future, though, as they put out some exciting offers on football bets. They are also offering a welcome bonus of £20 when you make an initial bet of £5, which is a decent return from such a small new customer’s deposit, T&C apply, 18+. I’d say that Coral is undoubtedly worth a try just for these free bets. Free bets are easily one of the best ways to get more from your sports bets, and so it’s nice to see that Coral make it easy to get them.
Coral also offers in-play betting, in-keeping with all the leading bookmakers online, accepts a wide range of payment methods and is secure. Being, as we’ve mentioned, already very well-known on the high street, Coral is a name that can be trusted in the knowledge that there is a reputable company behind the website. This will be important to many of you, we’re sure.
OUR TIP: Three reasons for Ladbrokes!
- The oldest bookmaker in the world, tradition since 1886
- For more than 50 years listed on stock exchange in London
- Offer with a British hit, not only sportbetting
Ladbrokes is another bookmaker with a lot of history, having been founded in 1886. Throughout the decades that they have been operating, it is evident that they have learnt that looking after their clients is essential, and as such their website has developed a reputation for exceptional customer service and security. Deposits and withdrawals run smoothly, and they can be contacted 24/7 via live chat, email or phone. They also have a detailed FAQs section which is very helpful.
You may hear that Ladbrokes’s odds aren’t as competitive as some other major bookmakers. However, we liked the brand’s welcome bonus that gave you £20 in extra bets just for making one qualifying £5 wager. Terms and conditions apply, 18+.
Ladbrokes also offers in-play betting and even some live streaming of football matches, albeit not from the more illustrious leagues. But if you like to bet in-play on a variety of games, the live streaming function can be beneficial to help you get a better idea of what’s going on. Plus there’s also the excellent Ladbrokes casino. Live casino games like roulette and blackjack can be found here, alongside plenty of decent slots games.
Of course, there are many things to consider when choosing where to bet on the beautiful game. It’s a very competitive market, which is right for you because it means there are always offers to take advantage of. In this list, we’ve tried to put these offers and benefits across to you to give you the best chance of choosing a site that is right for you.
Whether you’re looking for security, consistently good odds, lots of exciting special offers or the best free sports sign up offers to sink your teeth into, we hope you find it and enjoy your sports bets once you get those free bets credited to your account.