Betting sites with Skrill | Bookmakers that accept Skrill
Last updated & tested: 2020-03-17
The best bookmakers for Skrill
In order to make any money from your sports betting, you are going to need to put money in your account at a bookmaker’s website. Skrill is just one of the many payment methods that you can use to do this, and this article is going to show you exactly how to do it.
Skrill has become hugely popular amongst sports betting fans as it is easy to use and offers a great deal of flexibility. Like many e-wallets such as Neteller and PayPal, part of Skrill’s charm is the fact that it offers you an easy way to keep your betting funds separate from your regular money.
But all payment methods come with their own advantages and disadvantages, and so we will show you what benefits Skrill could have over other payment options like Visa, MasterCard, Paysafecard and so on. So keep reading to see how Skrill could supercharge your sports bets at one of the best sports betting sites that accept this e-wallet.
• Plenty of great UK betting sites take Skrill
• Skrill offers you a safe and easy way to move your money around
• Get fast payouts of your winnings with Skrill
• Beware that some Skrill deposits won’t activate welcome bonuses
• Modest charges applied to adding money to your Skrill account
What is Skrill and how can I use it at the bookmakers?
Skrill is an e-wallet that allows its users to make payments over the internet. The UK-based brand was founded in 2001 and it is part of the same company that runs similar payment methods like Neteller and Paysafecard. By creating a Skrill account, you can add funds in over 40 different currencies, and then make payments to friends or pay for goods online. Skrill also allows you to withdraw funds back to your main bank account in a safe and speedy manner.
Skrill can be access via computer or through one of the Skrill apps that are available for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. This offers customers a convenient and secure way to make payments and receive funds from other Skrill users. The convenience of Skrill is also boosted by the fact that you can pay for goods or services just by entering your email and password, rather than having to enter in any potentially sensitive information such as your credit card details.
Because of the security and convenience that Skrill offers, it has become a big hit in the sports betting industry. Bear in mind that Skrill might also be called by the name Moneybookers by some bookies. Most of the best online bookmakers now allow customers to add funds to their betting account through the Skrill e-wallet. As such, it’s worth taking a closer look at this e-wallet to see how it could make your sports betting safer, quicker and potentially more profitable.
What are the advantages to using Skrill for sports betting?
Skrill is used for sports betting by thousands of punters all over the world. Here are just some of the key reasons why you should try Skrill to fund your sports bets.
- Securely move your money around: All Skrill payments can be made simply by entering your email and unique password. This means that once you have tied your Skrill account to a bookie’s site, you never have to reveal any sensitive financial information such as your card details.
- Ultra fast payouts: Whilst card withdrawals and bank transfer withdrawals may take up to seven working days to process at many bookmakers’ sites, once a bookie has authorised the payment, you should have your winnings back in your account instantly. Similarly, your Skrill deposits should show up in the bookie’s account in a matter of minutes.
- Keep your betting separate: We all know how important it is to set yourself a budget when you are sports betting. Skrill allows you an easy way to keep your betting money separate from your regular cash. This means that there is no danger of accidentally dipping into your normal bank account when the betting gets a little too exciting.
Are there any disadvantages to using Skrill for your bets?
So if Skrill is so good, why do some sports betting fans still use payment methods like Visa, MasterCard or PayPal to fund their wagering? Here are some of the main reasons as to why Skrill might not be perfectly suited for your sports bets.
- Can’t be used for most welcome bonuses: Nearly all bookmakers put on welcome bonuses for new customers, but the majority of these sign up offers can only be claimed if you make an initial deposit with a card like MasterCard or Visa. Obviously, you can use a card to claim the welcome bonus and then top up your account with Skrill later on. But if you have your heart set on getting a decent sign up bonus, you might need to avoid using e-wallets such as Skrill.
- Some fees for deposits and withdrawals: Whilst Skrill is a great e-wallet, it does unfortunately include a few annoying fees for its users. Bookmakers usually won’t charge you any fees for making Skrill deposits or withdrawals from their site, but expect to find that Skrill impose fees of upwards of 1% for each time you add or take away money from your Skrill account. Although this might not seem like too much, it could steadily eat away at your sports betting profits.
- Some betting sites might not take Skrill: The majority of decent bookmakers happily take payments with the Skrill e-wallet. However, we should mention the fact that a handful of bookies don’t currently facilitate Skrill payments. So be sure to check ahead to see which bookmakers take this e-wallet.
Where can you look for online betting sites that accept Skrill?
There are literally dozens out great bookmakers out there who take Skrill payments. By coming to OpenOdds, you will get to see a full list of the bookies who will happily accept your Skrill deposits and withdrawals. But which is the best bookmaker with Skrill? By going to any one of the following bookies, we think that you will be impressed with the speed and efficiency with which they handle your Skrill payments.
Coral is one of the longest-running bookmakers in the UK, and it’s great to see that this legendary bookie now takes Skrill payments. Whilst you can’t use Skrill to claim the Coral welcome bonus offer, you can make Skrill deposits from upwards of £5 at a time at the Coral site.
Coral won’t charge you any fees for making Skrill withdrawals, and you can withdraw from upwards of £0.01 at a time and look forward to getting your winnings within 24 hours.
888sport are one of the biggest brand names in the European sports betting scene and it makes perfect sense that they would include Skrill amongst their wide choice of payment methods. Making Skrill deposits at 888sport is easy as you just have to create an account, visit the cashier, click on deposit ,and then select Skrill from the available payment options.
You can make Skrill deposits from upwards of £10 at 888sport and the amount should show up in your account within 10 minutes. Making withdrawals is also simple at 888sport, and you can make Skrill withdrawals from as little as £3 and it shouldn’t take longer than two to three business days for the winnings to be back in your account. Just remember that you can’t use Skrill to claim the 888sport welcome bonus offer.
Even legendary betting exchanges like Betfair facilitate Skrill payments. Just create your account, navigate to the ‘My Account’ area, click on deposit and select Skrill from the menu. Now you just have to enter how much you want to deposit along with your Skrill ID and password.
Betfair pride themselves on speedy payouts and they clearly state that the latest time that you will receive your Skrill withdrawals will be a respectable 24 hours. Sadly it looks like Betfair won’t allow you to use Moneybookers (another name for Skrill) to make a qualifying deposit for their welcome bonus deal.
You can’t talk about sports betting and not mention Betfred. Alongside credit and debit cards like Visa and MasterCard, this bookmaker also allow you to fund your sports bets with e-wallets such as Neteller, PayPal and Skrill. Once again, you cannot use Skrill to claim the welcome bonus, but Betfred are happy to take your Skrill payments from upwards of £5 at a time.
To make a Skrill deposit just go to the ‘Manage deposit and withdraw methods’ tab in the My Account area and then click on ‘Deposit with Skrill’ link. Now you just have to enter your Betfred password and the amount you want to deposit. Withdrawals from Betfred are free of charge and you can make a Skrill withdrawal from at least £5 at a time.
Whilst TonyBet might not be one of the more famous sports betting sites around, we have found that they offer consistently good odds for a variety of top sporting events. The great news is that TonyBet also accept Skrill payments, and you can make Skrill deposits and withdrawals from a minimum of £10 at this top bookie’s site.
TonyBet won’t charge you any fees for making Skrill payments. But you will need to make sure that the email on your Skrill account is the same as the one that you used when registering at the bookmaker’s site. Unfortunately, it looks like you can’t make a Skrill deposit to qualify for the TonyBet welcome bonus offer at the moment.
BetVictor have an excellent reputation for their sports betting odds, and we were very pleased to see how this UK bookie takes Skrill payments. To make Skrill deposits at BetVictor, you just need to log in to your account and click on the Skrill logo to get to the deposit section.
You can make Skrill deposits of anywhere between £5 and £25,000 at a time at the BetVictor site, and Skrill withdrawals should show up in your account between one and three working days. Like most other bookmakers, BetVictor won’t allow you to make Skrill deposits to claim their welcome bonus.
Everybody knows that Paddy Power are one of the most fun and exciting bookmakers around. But this Irish bookie also take their payments seriously as they allow you to make Skrill deposits and withdrawals on their site. Just log into your Paddy Power account, click on the Deposit button next to the balance display, select the Skrill option, enter your deposit amount and then click Deposit.
Paddy Power allow you to make Skrill deposits from upwards of £5 at a time, and you can look forward to the money landing in your betting account almost immediately. The bookmaker also takes great pride on offering some of the fastest payouts around. This can be seen in the fact that your Skrill withdrawals at Paddy Power will be processed between one and four hours, and you can withdraw your winnings from a minimum of £10 at a time. Sadly it looks like you cannot use a Skrill deposit to claim the Paddy Power sign up bonus.
Conclusion: Finding a bookie that accepts Skrill
We’ve hopefully shown you that there are no shortage of excellent betting sites that take Skrill. By picking any one of the above sites, you can make Skrill deposits and withdrawals with the highest level of online security as you are keeping your betting funds separate from your regular money.
Obviously, this comes at the cost of some annoying fees, and the fact that you can’t use Skrill to get some sports betting bonuses might put off some punters. But if you want a quick, easy and safe way to fund your sports betting, then Skrill provides you with a good option.