Arsenal vs Newcastle United – Betting Tips & Predictions – 01-04

Last updated & checked: 10/08/2021


With Arsenal looking to lock in their 10th home league win in a row – something that echoes their legendary late 90s successes– Newcastle have quite the mountain to climb here. However, they are an extremely dangerous side. And although recent matches haven’t always gone their way, they have proven themselves to be very hard to beat.

At a certain point though, the results do speak for themselves and the fact is that Newcastle simply haven’t managed to get the job done when they’ve needed to. A mixed bag of results has left them treading water seven points above the dreaded drop zone. The Magpies have the talent to beat almost any team in the world on the right day. The question is can they muster the consistency they need to pull it off against a team as good as the Gunners?

Arsenal vs Newcastle United Prediction: Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

When it comes down to it, Arsenal have simply managed to get the job done more often than Newcastle. And they’ve backed those results up with stellar performances. Newcastle could win this if they bring their A-game and catch Arsenal off guard. But we have to base our prediction on every day performances, not their best day.

Not only that but Newcastle will be without their central defender Fabian Schär. This will leave them especially vulnerable to the kind of sharp attacks Arsenal are known for. We, therefore, think the home team have a significant edge. With that in mind, our scoreline prediction is 2-0 to the Gunners.

Our recommended tip: Arsenal win to nil

Sitting nine places and 25 points ahead of their opponents in the Premier League standings, it’s no surprise that Arsenal have the clear advantage here. The home side come into this contest with a significant 69% win probability compared to Newcastle’s 12% – with a draw being more probable at 19%. Therefore, a bet on the favourites makes for a safe one. However, to increase your potential ROI, we recommend that you predict Arsenal will not only come away with a win but also a clean sheet. Ladbrokes have low-risk 29/20 odds on the home side winning to nil.

Previous matches

Newcastle and Arsenal have a surprisingly close history considering they’ve battled each other more than 150 times over the years. There’s less than a dozen victories separating each of their winning records against the other. Although Arsenal do technically come out better in those stats, it’s by such a small enough percentage for Newcastle fans to remain confident.

However, that may not be the case when they look at more modern meetings. That’s because the Gunners have bested Newcastle in 11 out of their last 12 encounters. That one recent victory for the Magpies did come in April 2018 though, so they are certainly not without hope, even if history does favour their opponents.

Top 3 Premier League Bookies

Players to watch: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang & Paul Dummett

Arsenal: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

We mentioned how we thought that the mixture of Newcastle’s compromised defences and Arsenal’s sharp offence would lead to the Magpies’ downfall. Well, there are fewer deadlier on the attack that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The last time we saw him hit the back of the net, it was during the team’s epic comeback over Rennes in the Europa League. That was a performance that should send a shiver down the spine of any defensive line up.

Newcastle United: Paul Dummett

We think that in order to have a chance of coming away with a point or three here, Newcastle will need to be firing on all fronts. They’ll need the likes of Salomón Rondón and Matt Richie to upset Arsenal’s defences, no doubt. But perhaps more importantly, they’ll need Paul Dummett to once again help bind the team’s positives together, while stopping Arsenal’s attacking chances. It’s going to be tough, but it is possible.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Explicabo dignissimos quam voluptatem quia laboriosam fugiat maxime obcaecati velit laudantium!