Burnley vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – Betting Tips & Predictions – 30-03

Last updated & checked: 10/08/2021


While Wolves have certainly had their ups and downs this season, a four-match losing streak on the side of Burnley has pushed the home team firmly into the underdog position. However, you shouldn’t write Burnley off just yet. It was only at the start of February that they bested both Brighton and Tottenham, after all.

Wolves, on the other hand, are coming off the back of a huge FA Cup win over Manchester United and survived their last Premier League clash against Chelsea in a 1-1 stalemate. Nonetheless, a loss to Huddersfield and a draw to Bournemouth shows that both of these teams suffer from unpredictable performances. The upside to that though is it makes this an exciting match to go into.

Burnley vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Prediction: Burnley 0-1 Wolves

Ultimately, a look at the Premier League standings tells the story of our prediction. While it’s true that both of these sides have had seesaw like results, one has been balanced more heavily on the positive side of things than the other. The 14-point gulf between these teams is no accident. It represents the fact that Wolves have managed to deliver, both in performance and points, more often than their opponents. For that reason, we think that Wolves will likely take the victory here. However, Burnley will be fighting hard to avoid relegation, meaning our prediction is 1-0 to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Our recommended tip: Wolves win

The away side are the favourites here, which shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. After all, Wolverhampton Wanderers do currently sit 10 positions and 14 points above their opponents in the Premier League standings. They therefore come into this contest with a 39% win probability to Burnley’s 31% win probability – with a draw being almost as likely at 30%. Therefore, we recommend that you back the away side to victory for your best chance of winning your wager. Paddy Power are offering low-risk 7/5 Wolves match odds.

Previous matches

The statistics are not kind to Burnley when it comes to this fixture, with the team having lost close to double the amount of games they’ve won against Burnley. However, considering these two first met in 1888, we think it’s fair to say they probably don’t have too much relevance now. That being said, one game which does have an impact is their last meeting, which ended 1-0 in favour of Wolves in September 2018. Before that though, Wolves hadn’t won since 2010, losing in 2012 and 2013. And their 2015 and 2016 clashes ended in a draw. History gives the edge to Wolves, but with plenty of room for Burnley to come into this match with hope.

Top 3 Premier League Bookies

Players to watch: Ashley Barnes & Raúl Jiménez

Burnley: Ashley Barnes

While Burnley may have been struggling to get the job done in recent outings, it certainly isn’t for any lack of effort or success on the half of Ashley Barnes. He’s scored five goals in his last eight Premier League outing. However, with his failure to hit the back of the net against both Liverpool and Leicester, we’re sure he’ll be itching to once again be a difference maker. And at this crucial time, that’s exactly what this team need.

Wolverhampton Wanderers: Raúl Jiménez

In their brilliant win over Manchester United – which showed just how far Wolves have come as a team – one man stood out among the rest. That was none other than celebrated striker Raúl Jiménez, who scored his team’s opening goal. And it’s far from the first time Jiménez has made the game his own. He’s also been sensational through all the ups and downs of this season.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Explicabo dignissimos quam voluptatem quia laboriosam fugiat maxime obcaecati velit laudantium!