Leicester City vs Newcastle United – Betting Tips & Predictions – 12/04

Last updated & checked: 10/08/2021


We think it’s fair to say that Leicester City and Newcastle United are on different ends of the momentum pendulum right now. The home team bounced back from their 2-1 loss to Watford with four fantastic victories. Meanwhile, Newcastle suffered what must be considered a false dawn, as their astonishing 2-1 victory over Manchester City raised fans’ hopes of a late season comeback.

Their follow up 1-0 loss against Tottenham dampened those hopes. And a trio of recent losses – despite victories over the likes of Burnley and Huddersfield inbetween – have further extinguished many fans’ more ambitious aspirations. This match seems to be heading in one direction but as we know all too well, the tide can turn at any moment in the Premier League.

Leicester City vs Newcastle United Prediction: Leicester 1-0 Newcastle

Although – as we’ve seen from Newcastle themselves – the Premier League can surprise us at any time, it usually doesn’t. That’s why Leicester are in a much better position than Newcastle. They’ve simply performed better over a long period than their opponents. The possibility of a surprise doesn’t change the most likely outcome. Not only that but they also have the home advantage, as well as the confidence from coming off the back off a series of wins. Considering that and the fact that Leicester haven’t registered a draw in nine outings and counting, our scoreline prediction is 1-0 to the home team.

Our recommended tip: Leicester win to nil

Currently sitting eight places and 12 points above their upcoming opponents in the Premier League standings, it’s no surprise that Leicester City hold the advantage here. The home side comes into this contest with a 57% win probability to Newcastle United’s 18%. In fact, a drawn result is more probable than an away win at 25%. Therefore, a bet on the favourites makes for a safe one, with low-risk 4/6 match odds at Paddy Power. However, taking our scoreline prediction into account, we recommend that you predict the Foxes will win to nil to get 17/10 odds and a higher potential ROI.

Previous matches

Considering they are the underdogs in this contest, according to both us and bookmakers in general, it may be a surprise to learn that Newcastle actually have the overall statistical advantage in their head-to-head history. Unfortunately, their more modern and thus most relevant contests tell a different story. Newcastle have managed a recent win – a 2-1 victory in April of last year. Aside from that though, they haven’t beaten Leicester since 2014: eight matches previous to their upcoming contest. Not only that but Leicester won their last contest 2-0. There’s no doubt about it, the Foxes have the advantage based on these stats.

Top 3 Premier League Bookies

Players to watch: Jamie Vardy & Ayoze Pérez

Leicester City: Jamie Vardy

If you weren’t already aware of just how brilliant a striker Jamie Vardy is, his performance against Huddersfield was a stark reminder of just how devastating he can be. He scored twice and put in an all-round clinically stunning performance. And he’s been on fine form for quite some time, having scored an average of a goal a game for eight matches now. Considering that average, he’s definitely one to keep your eye on here.

Newcastle United: Ayoze Pérez

The last time this man saw the back of the net was in their 3-2 win over Everton. This was also Newcastle United’s last victory and we think if he can produce something similar here, we might be onto a case of history repeating itself. A constant threat to any team’s defence and brilliantly accurate with both strikes and assists, Leicester would be wise to be wary of Pérez.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Explicabo dignissimos quam voluptatem quia laboriosam fugiat maxime obcaecati velit laudantium!