Newcastle United vs Arsenal – Betting Tips & Predictions – 15-09

Last updated & checked: 10/08/2021


It’s fair to say that Newcastle United and Arsenal have had disappointing starts to the season, with each losing both of their first two games. However, Arsenal has since turned things around with a couple of victories, while Newcastle has remained without a single win a month into the new season. The pressure is therefore on.

Newcastle desperately needs to seal the deal to show they can turn their fortunes around and get some momentum as we head out of the early stages of the Premier League. Meanwhile, Arsenal will want a clear victory to prove that they are ready to become serious top-level contenders. Both are playing for points and pride in what will hopefully be a truly electric meeting.

Newcastle United vs Arsenal Prediction: Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal

On one hand, Newcastle did fare better against Manchester City. They also managed to beat Arsenal in their last encounter, winning 2-1, and that was only back in April. Arsenal, on the other hand, were able to beat Cardiff – a team that led Newcastle to a stalemate – and have another win under their belt from West Ham.

Newcastle have repeatedly failed to pull the trigger, and we can’t see that changing here. We think each team will manage at least a goal each, but Arsenal will come out on top. Therefore, our prediction for the scoreline is 2-1 in the favour of the away side.

Our recommended tip: Arsenal Win

The odds are clearly in Arsenal’s favour, as the team comes into this match with a 51% win probability. In comparison, Newcastle United have a 23% win probability, and a drawn result has a 26% probability of occuring. While an upset isn’t completely out of the question – with a Newcastle win still holding decent odds of 3/1 at Paddy Power – an away side victory makes for the safest bet. Therefore, if you want to go low risk with your bet, we advise backing the favourites, with Paddy Power offering 5/6 odds that Arsenal will come out on top.

Previous matches

As mentioned, one of the key positives for Newcastle heading into this match is their April win over Arsenal. It is a huge confidence booster, a psychological advantage and it shows that they can get the job done against the Gunners under the right circumstances.

Before that though, it’s all Arsenal. Prior to that April loss, the team have beaten Newcastle in many games heading all the way back to 2010, which is a lifetime ago in the world of football. Consistency beats closeness and thus, we’d say Arsenal retain the advantage in their head-to-head history.

Top 3 Premier League Bookies

Players to watch: Joselu & Alexandre Lacazette

Newcastle United: Joselu

There haven’t been too many highlights for Newcastle this year, but one constant bright spot and a force of hope for the rest of the season has been the rise of Joselu, who went from a summer signing afterthought to a force to be reckoned with over the last season. While Newcastle haven’t quite gotten off the ground yet in the Premier League, we’re excited to see what new heights Joselu can reach as a player who almost always defies expectation.

Arsenal: Alexandre Lacazette

Considering that Alexandre Lacazette has only started one game so far this season, the impact he has had on the pitch has been phenomenal. He proved a danger to Man City, even if it wasn’t quite enough to topple the defending champions. He brought the fight to West Ham when the pressure was on and against Cardiff, he was the man of the match, arguably be a fair margin. Seeing what he will be able to achieve over this season should be a joy to behold.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Explicabo dignissimos quam voluptatem quia laboriosam fugiat maxime obcaecati velit laudantium!