Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – Betting Tips & Predictions – 02/03

Last updated & checked: 10/08/2021


Although these two aren’t technically out of the race for the Premier League title right now, it seems as though each are gunning for one of those coveted top four positions in order to make their way to the Champions League group stage, and instead try their hand at achieving glory there. And with Tottenham and Arsenal being just a few points apart in the standings, this will no doubt be one of the most passionately contested matches within the top tier of the league.

What’s interesting about this is, despite Arsenal clearly having the momentum – they’ve won their last four games, while Tottenham are reeling after dual losses to Burnley and Chelsea – the home team remain clear favourites in the eyes of the bookmakers. Whether or not they are mistaken, only time will tell.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal Prediction: Spurs 2-1 Arsenal

That being said, we do understand why Spurs are favourites, and it’s not just the home advantage. You have to look at the bigger picture and the fact is that it was only in mid-February that Arsenal couldn’t seem to manage any more than a single win at a time. Meanwhile, Tottenham were tearing their way through opponents in both the Premier and Champions League.

Overall, Tottenham have performed better – not by much, but noticeably so – and their league positions reflect this. Plus, with a returning Harry Kane boosting their efforts, we think this will turn into a high offence battle, which Tottenham will win. With that in mind, our scoreline prediction is 2-1 in the favour of Spurs.

Our recommended tip: Tottenham Hotspur win

Arsenal and Tottenham may be side-by-side in the Premier League standings, but the latter does pull away slightly. They sit one position and four points ahead of their opponents. The home team, therefore, comes into this contest with a statistical advantage, enjoying a 47% win probability, which is significantly higher than Arsenal’s 26%. In fact, a draw is ever so slightly more likely than an away win at 27%.

William Hill are offering low-risk 21/20 Spurs match odds and, taking our scoreline prediction into account, we recommend you back the favourites for the best chance of winning your wager.

Previous matches

While we think Tottenham will win this one, we also think that Arsenal are being a touch underrated by many commenters. And their head-to-head history provides ample evidence that these two are about as evenly-matched as they come.

They traded wins in December and have continued to do so in the last few years, even managing a trio of draws a few years back. Arsenal do have the overall historical advantage, but you don’t have to look too far back to see that they are on Tottenham’s level.

Top 3 Premier League Bookies

Players to watch: Harry Kane & Alexandre Lacazette

Tottenham Hotspur: Harry Kane

He may be the obvious choice but considering his recent return, we couldn’t really go with anybody else. Kane failed to capitalise on opportunities in their 2-0 defeat to Chelsea, and his 65th minute goal also wasn’t enough to avoid defeat to Burnley the week before. Therefore, we know he’ll be itching to prove himself by netting – no pun intended – his first win since coming back from an ankle injury.

Arsenal: Alexandre Lacazette

When you’re up against an attack-heavy team like Tottenham, often the only way forward is to fight fire with fire. Luckily for Arsenal, they have a terrific selection of goalscorers. Although Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang might be an obvious choice for that job description, we’re instead going with his long-standing partner Alexandre Lacazette for not only scoring in their last three league outings but also for his all-around excellent performances. If he continues in the same vein here, Tottenham will have their hands full.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Explicabo dignissimos quam voluptatem quia laboriosam fugiat maxime obcaecati velit laudantium!