Notebook leads 17 of the 38 Arkle entries from Ireland for the 2m Grade 1 novice chase contest at the Cheltenham Festival on Tuesday, 10 March.
One of four engaged for trainer Henry De Bromhead, who won the race in 2010 with Sizing Europe, he is unbeaten in his first three starts over fences.
Notebook’s victories include the Grade 2 Craddockstown at Punchestown and Grade 1 Racing Post Novice Chase at Leopardstown.
Fellow Irish trainer Willie Mullins has won four of the last five renewals and makes seven Arkle entries.
Bapaume and Cash Back are the pick of those, according to the betting with bookmakers on this contest.
Dual Champion Hurdle runner-up Melon looks like he may be stepping up in trip, but does have this as a fallback if he doesn’t stay further.
Annamix, Easy Game, Royal Rendezvous and Tornado Flyer complete the Arkle entries from Closutton.
Leading British yards also have hopes. Al Dancer has plenty of Cheltenham experience and is one of two entered by local trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies.
Nicky Henderson, meanwhile, has Grade 2 hurdle and course winner Mister Fisher in this, but also makes an entry for him in the Marsh Novices’ Chase.
That horse has achieved more than other Seven Barrows inmate Precious Cargo.
Fakir D’oudairies impressed on Festival Trials Day in juvenile action last season and won the Grade 1 Drinmore Novice Chase at Fairyhouse in December.
He is the sole representative from the Joseph O’Brien stable in the Arkle for owner JP McManus.
Full 2020 Arkle entries
- Al Dancer (Nigel Twiston-Davies)
- Annamix (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Bapaume (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Brewin’upastorm (Olly Murphy)
- Capuccimix (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Cash Back (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Djingle (John Queally, IRE)
- Dunvegan (Pat Fahy, IRE)
- Easy Game (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Eclair De Beaufeu (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Esprit Du Large (Evan Williams)
- Fakir D’oudairies (Joseph O’Brien, IRE)
- Fanion D’estruval (Venetia Williams)
- Global Citizen (Ben Pauling)
- Grand Sancy (Paul Nicholls)
- Greaneteen (Paul Nicholls)
- I’m A Game Changer (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Indietir (Christian Williams)
- Itchy Feet (Olly Murphy)
- Jan Maat (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Le Patriote (Dr Richard Newland)
- Lisp (Alan King)
- Maire Banrigh (Dan Skelton)
- Matfog (A Chaille-Chaille, FR)
- Melon (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Mister Fisher (Nicky Henderson)
- Moonlighter (Nick Williams)
- Not That Fuisse (Dan Skelton)
- Notebook (Henry De Bromhead IRE)
- Our Merlin (Robert Walford)
- Precious Cargo (Nicky Henderson)
- Put The Kettle On (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Rouge Vif (Harry Whittington)
- Royal Rendezvous (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Samcro (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Tornado Flyer (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Torpillo (Nigel Twiston-Davies)
- Vision Des Flos (Colin Tizzard)