Champions League Betting Odds Comparison 2019 | Best Betting Champions League Odds
Last updated & tested: 2019-07-11
OUR TIP: Three reasons for 888!
- Dynamic new company established in 2008
- Great for European sports betting
- Exciting live-betting and app innovation
Searching for the best Champions League Final betting odds on the market? Considering betting on either of the Champions League finalists Liverpool or Tottenham in this years epic 2019 final? Then if you are you’ve come to the right place. By using our innovative odds comparison tool you can search for odds across a number of Champions League Final markets. So whether you’re thinking Mo Salah will hammer in a hat-trick, Allison will keep a clean sheet, Tottenham will bag 10 or more corners or anything else you can think of at the Champions League Final venue — if there’s a market for it, we’ll find the best odds. Don’t settle for the worst Champions League betting odds on the web! Trust OpenOdds to do the searching for you.
The UEFA Champions League Final at a glance
The UEFA Champions League is the biggest club competition of the European professional season, where 32 of the continent’s best clubs go head-to-head to prove which country has the most dominant sides. Of the 32 teams, 22 are automatic qualifiers (including the previous season’s Europa League winner) with the other 10 entering qualifying. With the diversity of leagues and clubs present in the tournament, plenty of wagering opportunities present themselves. And it’s here where, on OpenOdds, we’ll break down how to get the most out of the match-ups.
- The tournament format, totalling 121 matches throughout all phases, gives you plenty of opportunities and markets to capitalise on.
- Many of the best bookmakers ensure their welcome offers apply to Champions League matches, giving you a free bonus to use on the thousands of available markets.
- Live betting is certainly a dynamic aspect of sports betting, particularly for the Champions League Final.
- There are plenty of openings for excellent research to really make the most out of Champions League betting.
In 1955, when the Union of European Football Associations was holding its first congress in Vienna and many of the founding members of the UEFA were much more occupied with national championship tournaments, a joint initiative between storied French sport publication L’Equipe and its editor at the time, Gabriel Hanot, were championing the establishment of a continent-wide tournament. So L’Equipe, on 2 and 3 April 1955, invited teams from all over the continent who were deemed to have the most fan appeal, and not necessarily happened to be the actual champions of their national football leagues. After the success of the competition, the UEFA authorised the European Champions’ Cup, the predecessor to today’s Champions League in August 1955, and its success has continued to thrive.
The Champions League has seen many clubs dominate in different periods, but there has never been a long-term period of dominance. While Real Madrid won the first five editions at the very beginning and more wins in the 1960’s, they went 32 years without a title until winning again in 1998. Ajax and Bayern Munich went on to win three consecutive tournaments but there were long droughts between wins at certain junctures of the tournament.
The modern Champions League era, with the beginning stages as round-robin format to accompany the knockout rounds, came into being in the 1992/93 season. Today, matches are played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays across Europe with the competition beginning with 32 qualifiers and narrowing down to one Champions League winner throughout the year. It’s the chance to see the best teams from La Liga, the Premier League, Serie A, the Bundesliga, and more go head-to-head to see which European league has the most dominant club on the continent at the Champions League Final venue.
The most successful Champions League finalist of all-time is, without a doubt, this season’s defending champion, Real Madrid, with 11 overall wins with four of them in the modern Champions League era. Besides Real, FC Barcelona and Milan are the all-time most successful clubs in the Champions League, with Real Madrid and Barcelona winning four titles and Milan claiming three. Currently, Spain’s La Liga sends the most clubs to the group stages, with four clubs making it into the Champions League. Last season, for example, cross-town rivals Real Madrid and Atlético de Madrid were the Champions League finalists.
This year the Champions League Final venue is the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in Madrid. This ground has a capacity of 67,829 and it’s sure to witness an incredible game of football between the Champions League finalists, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur. But who will be the Champions League winner out of these two legendary English clubs on 1 June 2019? Whether Mo Salah or Harry Kane gets the winning goal, we think it’s going to be incredibly close.
A Selection of the best bookies with the best Champions League Final odds
Now that we know that either Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur will be this year’s winners, it’s time to take a look at the bookies who could give you the best Champions League Final odds. As this match will be one of the biggest sporting occasions of the year, there should be no shortage of Champions League Final betting odds out there. But just as we give you some decent Champions League Final betting tips, we thought that we should give you a shortlist of some of the best bookies for this sporting extravaganza. So here’s a look at who you should give using your Champions League Final betting predictions with.
If you are looking for the best Champions League Final odds, William Hill is hard to beat. This British bookmaker is known for having a large selection on football available, and the Champions League Final is no exception. In our research, William Hill’s got the best outright Champions League betting odds for the following teams to take the crown: Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Napoli, and Bayer Leverkusen. The number of markets you have available is plentiful: there are outright markets for the groups, the winning team, the nationality of the Champions League finalists, and the top goalscorer. Plus, you’ve got tons of match markets, scorer/match specials, corners/cards/stats, goals, goal time, half markets, and 5 minute goals. Plenty to enjoy when betting on the match at the Champions League Final venue.
Ladbrokes continues to be among the best of the bookies in terms of best Champions League Final betting odds with ten in all, for Barcelona, Juventus, Atlético de Madrid, Paris Saint Germain, Tottenham, Sevilla, FC Copenhagen, Ludogorets, Rostov, and Celtic. Ladbrokes’s European Football accumulator, which gives a 100% bonus accumulator on all of the continent’s top leads, is valid on the group and knockout rounds in the Champions League, so you’ll have plenty to work with as you bet on the matches as well as to win outright, nationality of Champions League winner, top goalscorer, group qualification, and the group betting markets. Remember that you’ll also have Asian handicap available for Champions League Final bets on Ladbrokes. You can have a full look at the markets available on Ladbrokes for the Champions League finalists here. All in all, for Champions League Final odds, Ladbrokes are definitely worth a look.
While Bwin was not part of the odds comparison in our research, they have plenty of markets available not only for the outrights of the tournament but in all of the group rounds and the main match at the Champions League Final venue. You can even bet on which group the Champions League winner will be from, the country, if the winner will be a first-time Champions League titleholder and more. There are plenty of yes and no bets for some of the competition’s biggest contenders. There are also special bets for the Champions League final and the top goalscorers, as well as even odds opportunities. Have a look at all the Champions League Final odds Bwin offers.
For Champions League Final odds Paddy Power might be worth a look. They are another one of the bookmakers that was not in our odds comparison research but there are plenty of markets available for outright betting, to qualify from the group, top goalscorer, and group betting markets. Plus, their free bet is also valid for Champions League Final betting so you’ve got another incentive to add PaddyPower to your portfolio. Paddy Power may not be where you find the best Champions League Final betting odds, but it is certainly a contender and great to try at the match at the Champions League Final venue.
Coral’s got the best odds for Juventus, Napoli, and Celtic in the outright market. For each of the matches coming up, on the day of our research, there were 142 markets for each in the match betting column. Other options were correct score, draw on bet, to win & btts, double chance, total goals over/under, and 65 other markets available just for the match bet. Then they also have outrights available. And finally, for all of you Liverpool and Manchester United fans, if you’re not already on Coral then this is your chance to sign up. There’s a £1 bet and a £5 free bet if you happen to lose the bet on either Liverpool or Manchester United. If you’d like more information, have a look here and remember that for decent Champions League Final odds, you can’t rule Coral out.
For good Champions League Final odds, Betfred is another real contender. The Betfred market’s got four main categories: the league in general, group betting, to qualify and Matchday 3. As for the best odds, Betfred’s got them from Juventus, Atlético de Madrid, Napoli, and Celtic. Since they’re also known for being the place for United punters, then that’s another good incentive.
In our odds research, StanJames was home to five of the best win outright odds: for Manchester City, Atlético de Madrid, Tottenham, Napoli, and Ludogorets. So for the best Champions League Final odds, Stan James might be worth a look. As for the types of bets on offer, you’ve got your outrights, the Champions League finalists, the group winners, the group qualifiers, and which group will supply the team that will bring home the Champions League Final crown. As for the individual matches, you’ll have an average of 108 to 110 bets available for each.
BoyleSports’s Champions League column also has the women’s Champions League as an option, even though there were no available options at the time of our research. Besides the match betting, you have the Champions League winner and top goalscorer outright, the winning nationality, group betting, and those that will qualify. As for best outright Champions League winner odds, they’re for Atlético de Madrid, Napoli, and Ludogorets. So for Champions League Final odds, BoyleSports should be able to meet your needs.
Novibet has the whole usual slew of offerings available on match betting, Champions League winner outright betting, and of course the group markets. And, in our Champions League Final odds comparison researching the best odds for the Champions League winner outright market, Novibet managed to perform surprisingly well. All throughout the tournament, Novibet have put on competitive odds for favourites like Manchester City and Barcelona, as well as plucky underdogs like Ajax. If you’re not already on Novibet, their matched free bet welcome offer works for the Champions League finalist match with the OPENODDS bonus code.
Of all of the places that have Champions League Final odds, BetVictor could be the bookie to keep your eyes on. BetVictor’s got 11 of the best odds in the Champions League winner outright market available for your wagering pleasure. From Real Madrid, Manchester City, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen, Porto, Monchengladbach, Dynamo Kiev, and PSV. The only market that shows up for the Champions League Final on the BetVictor site is the outright market but other markets for the Champions League are available on request. And, like some of the other online bookies, you can use the welcome offer on your Champions League Final endeavours.
Tips for Betting on the UEFA Champions League
- If you don’t know who to bet on winning outright, there are plenty of alternatives: The Champions League, giving its diversity and numerous variables, may seem pretty risky to some punters who may be keen on betting on the outright winner of the tournament. While in the last 11 years, the winning Champions League finalists were either Spanish, English, German or Italian, there hasn’t been a back-to-back Champions League winner since 1989 and 1990 with Milan. A potential alternative bet to a winner would be to wager on who will be a Champions League finalist or figuring out in which leg a particular club will bow out of a tournament, are both ways for you to get in on the action. You can always choose an outright Champions League winner later on if you choose to do so.
- Look at two key factors for figuring out the top goal-scorer: There are two key factors you need to look at when choosing who will score the most goals throughout the Champions League. First, you have to see the potential of a side to go far through the tournament. This is fairly obvious, because the more matches you play, the more opportunities you’ll have to score. But another factor also remains: the team’s progress is often influenced by the quality of the opponents. And the one thing you want to look at is the weakness of the opponent potential contenders will go up against throughout the tournament. This would often lead you to placing money on big names like Ronaldo, Neymar, and Messi, but there are some potential underdogs who could go pretty far if the group stage opponents are incredibly weak. If you’re looking at the big names, analysing their early-stage opponents are critical to seeing which will come out on top at the end of the season.
- Check how the domestic schedule will impact Champions League line-ups: If there’s a Champions League week before some of the biggest domestic competitions like a Clásico or a derby between Manchester United and Manchester City, this will definitely influence the line-ups in a Champions League match. You’ll want to handicap these personnel moves because if the Champions League match is seen to have a secure result, the big guys may not enter so they can rest up for other matches. This effect, known as the “Champions League” hangover is a critical factor to take into consideration.
- Betting on group stages give you the potential for sizeable returns: While the group stages have less variables that determine who will win, and by default, the odds will be lower, this doesn’t mean you have to discard staking on them entirely. In fact, if you examine groups that may be divided or a striker with a huge potential, there are certain bookies that have markets open for those types of stakes. The winners of these early stages often predict who will end up winning the whole tournament, so you’ll have excellent insights on hand for the later rounds when there’s more money at stake – particularly in the game at the Champions League Final venue.
- Ideal for live betting: Since the Champions League Final is so popular, you better believe that there’s certainly a wealth of opportunities to be had in the live betting segment of the best bookies. Be on the lookout on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the best deals and competitive Champions League Final betting odds!
Conclusion: Make sure to compare Champions League Final betting odds
Throughout our Champions League Betting Odds Comparison, we’ve had a look at not only a selection of the best bookmakers and some of the best odds, we’ve also given you some tips and tricks on how to make the most out of Europe’s biggest football tournament.
Like with any punting strategy, the best element is to diversify the number of online bookmakers to let you play the field with the best Champions League odds on all the different markets, and play the bookies. Make sure to look for potential upsets and domestic scheduling coincidences that could really have you seize on the underdogs and favourites putting in less-seasoned players. As long as you take our recommendations seriously, you’ve got a fruitful season of nice winnings ahead. So there you have it, the Champions League Betting Odds Comparison explained.