How To Beat The Bookies By Being Smart
OUR TIP: Three reasons for Coral!
- Famous UK bookmaker established in 1926
- Great reputation for football and horse racing betting
- Innovative app makes mobile sports betting easy
There is an old saying that goes “You never see a poor bookmaker”. And while this saying is largely true, it shouldn’t be the last word in any discussion of betting odds. Figuring out how to beat the bookies every time is next to impossible but, for the smarter bettor, there are always openings to at least make some kind of return from sports betting.
You just need to keep your eyes open for the right odds, and resist obvious temptation that will only lead to losses.
Betting Strategy Tips You Need To Bear In Mind
If you want to make money through sports betting, then you need to be prepared to either commit a lot of time to it, or take a higher-risk strategy that can pay off in higher rewards. The former is the better idea most of the time, but is still not a perfect, guaranteed strategy so here’s a betting guide that can help you avoid some daft mistakes.
There is no flawless betting strategy. Even the best-researched, most reliable strategy will occasionally fail to come off. If there was a way to always win in betting, then bookmakers would go out of business; their money comes from people’s losses, after all. However many punters have found that strategies like up and down bets, four fold bets, round robin bets, lay betting and Goliath bets have helped them pick up some impressive winnings.
It is not accurate to say you’ll never beat the bookies in the long run. With the correct strategies and the strength of nerve to put them into place, you can certainly come out ahead as long as you’re a realist.
Any successful bettor will tell you; always bet with won money. When you start funding your betting accounts from your household budget or your savings, it can quickly become a desperate strategy and you can end up without a penny before long.
Bet online as a preference. There are far more options available on the internet, you can take more time crafting a bet and it gives you more control over your chances of coming out with some money in hand.
How To Beat The Bookies: Football Predictions Can Make You Rich
The first tip for beating the bookies is a deceptively simple one: Know the sport you’re betting on. Well, of course you should – isn’t that obvious? To have a chance of beating the bookies, you need to really know it.
If you’re a football fan, most of the country know the sport at least a bit, which makes it harder to get one over on the bookies. However if you’re a bit of a nerd about an esoteric league – say you happen to follow the Estonian MeistriLiga, for example – then there’s a good chance you know more than the people setting the odds.
Alternatively, if you’re a fan of a less well-followed sport such as volleyball, you don’t even necessarily need to get too obscure with your bets; you just need to look out for the moments when the odds-setters have set too much store by a team’s high league position and made them odds-on favourites despite recent injury problems.
You’d be surprised how often decent odds come up in more obscure markets. Everyone knows, from one week to the next, who’ll be in the Manchester United squad and what their strengths and weaknesses are. The same is not true of Flora Tallinn of Estonia, for example.
Accumulators: The Ideal Tricks To Beat The Bookies?
The use of accumulators is one way that bettors look to make big cash from a relatively small stake. If you have £5 to bet and want to make a big profit, you’ll need to predict a few outcomes correctly on the one bet. If used the right way, this can come off for you, but bear a few things in mind first.
- Building a super-sized accumulator with twenty or thirty different teams on it may seem to be a recipe for big returns, but the truth is that even if those twenty teams are relatively sure things, one of them will more than likely lose or draw. Given that all it takes is for one result to go against you, it’s just not good value.
- Don’t pad out accumulators with obvious odds-on bets. Even 10 such bets in an accumulator may only result in odds of 3.50 (or 5/2). For any substantial winnings, you’d need a huge stake, and that is at the mercy of one player having the kind of nightmare that everyone has at least once in a career.
How To Always Win Football Bets: Go With Your Head, Not Your Heart
Having a lot of background knowledge on football and really liking football do not always go hand in hand. We all have our own preferred teams and, when it comes to deciding who to back, it can be tempting to go all in on the team we’ve been watching all season. However, successful bookmakers are counting on the many bettors who do just that every week.
- You may have been watching your team and have nothing but faith in that talented striker who puts away every chance he gets; you’re unlikely to have watched the opposition half as much, and football matches involve two teams, so avoid going with your heart too much here.
- With that said, if you watch your team often and there is a player who always seems to be in the action, you could always back them to score at any time in the game. Even the most reliable strikers are often available at odds of around 2.30-2.50, and it’s much more likely that your player will score (and your team lose) against the league leaders than it is that your team will win.
The best online bookmakers
|Max. Wert||Bonus Type||Details||Get the Bonus|
|1||100 / 100||30||£30 FreebetT&Cs apply, 18+||Betway bonus|
|2||99 / 100||25||Claim your £25 bonus with bonus code VIPNOVIT&Cs apply, 18+||Novibet bonus|
|3||98 / 100||30||Bet £10 Get £30T&Cs apply, 18+||888 bonus|
|4||97 / 100||30||Matched bet of up to £30T&Cs apply, 18+||Coral bonus|
|18+. UK+IRE only. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days. Free bet stake not returned. 18+ T&Cs Apply."|
|5||96 / 100||£50||Bet £50 and Get £50T&Cs apply, 18+||Betfair bonus|
|6||95 / 100||100||£100 in bet creditsT&Cs apply, 18+||Bet365 bonus|
|New Customers only. Up to £100 in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.|
|7||94 / 100||£10||£10T&Cs apply, 18+||Mobilebet bonus|
|8||93 / 100||30||Bet £10 get £5 free!T&Cs apply, 18+||William-Hill bonus|
|9||92 / 100||£200||100% matched bonusT&Cs apply, 18+||TonyBet bonus|
|10||91 / 100||50||Fantastic £50 welcome bonusT&Cs apply, 18+||Bethard bonus|
|11||90 / 100||£10||£10 Free BetT&Cs apply, 18+||ComeOn bonus|
|12||90 / 100||£100||£100 Matched DepositT&Cs apply, 18+||Mr-Green bonus|
|13||89 / 100||£30||£30 Money BackT&Cs apply, 18+||Unibet bonus|
|14||88 / 100||30||Get your €30 bonus!T&Cs apply, 18+||BetVictor bonus|
|15||88 / 100||£100||Up to 100% winnings boostT&Cs apply, 18+||32Red bonus|
|16||86 / 100||10||£10 Free betT&Cs apply, 18+||Genting-Bet bonus|
|17||85 / 100||£10||£10T&Cs apply, 18+||Grosvenor bonus|
|18||84 / 100||50||50£ FreebetT&Cs apply, 18+||Ladbrokes bonus|
|19||81 / 100||£50||50% bonus up to £50T&Cs apply, 18+||Mansion-Bet bonus|
|20||80 / 100||£100||50% up to £100T&Cs apply, 18+||10Bet bonus|
How To Beat The Bookies More Often: Shop Around
The process of setting up an account with an online bookie can be tiresome, and you probably don’t want to do it any more often than you have to. That’s what passes for brand loyalty in the betting world – just not wanting to open another account.
You certainly should open more than one account, though, because the soundest betting strategy is to take every advantage the betting world will offer you. They aren’t going to offer you many, so you need to grab them where possible. More accounts opened means:
- More startup bonuses. Most bookies will match your first deposit, or your first bet, with a free bonus that can be up to three times your initial deposit. You can’t withdraw the money, you need to use it to bet, but it can make you plenty of money if used right.
- More special offers. Bookmakers are not going to offer free money, but if you haven’t bet recently, or have signed up and not bet at all for a while, you will sometimes get a special offer that can be used to your benefit. Some will give longer odds on a favourite for a limited time, others may offer your money back on an accumulator that is let down by one part, and so on. The more accounts you have, the more offers you’ll get.
- More choice in odds. One sure way to beat bookies is to take the longest odds you can get. No one bookmaker is any more generous on odds than any other, but it’s rare to see every bookmaker have exactly the same prices for a specific outcome. Check them all before betting, and always go with the longest odds.
How To Beat The Bookies More Often Than Not
If you want to know how to always win football bets, then the unfortunate news is that there is no way of getting it 100% right, every time. Before a match kicks off, we can feel totally sure that one team will win, and in those cases their odds will be short – and even then, shocks happen from time to time, so be sure to check out the live betting options. If you want to find a betting strategy that will serve you well, don’t look for perfection. Look for ways to exploit the bookies’ generosity on things like football derbies, gaps in their knowledge or other quirks.
- Odds on an outcome will narrow the more money a bookie receives on it. So if a bookie is British-based, it’s likely they’ll have longer odds on a football team that’s playing against England at a World Cup. Given England’s tendency to underperform, it may be worth backing a decent mid-level team against them at a tournament.
- If betting on the outsider in a match, place a small bet which will nonetheless have big returns if it comes off. £5 on a 10/1 outsider is still a £50 win if the outsider upsets the odds.
It may be true that you never see a poor bookmaker, but equally there is no such thing as bookmaker who knows everything and can see the future and by being smart we can pick up some decent winnings. There are things they don’t know as much about, because a bookmaker’s knowledge is only as strong as the readily available data online. There will be times they don’t see something coming – remember Leicester City and their 5,000/1 Premier League win – and if you’re a smart bettor, you can be the one who takes advantage.